- This event has passed.
Art and the Exhibition Space
February 6, 2015 - February 7, 2015
The Concordia Undergraduate Journal of Art History is proud to present its 4th Annual Concordia University Undergraduate Art History Conference. This year’s conference will focus on “Art and the Exhibition Space.” Issues of curatorship, the exhibition of Aboriginal art in museums, and the relationship between artworks and the space in which they are showcased are some of the key areas of research for art historians today.
The conference will be held at Concordia University, Montreal.
We welcome abstracts from that focus on the intersection of art and exhibition space. A non-extensive list of possible topics includes:
- Exhibiting Aboriginal Art in the Museum
- Issues in Museum Studies and Practice
- Exhibiting Fashion in the Museum
- Alternative Exhibition Spaces
- Studies in Place and Space, and their Relationship to Art
- (De)Colonizing the Museum
- Gender Issues and Representation in the Museum
Please submit a .doc or .docx copy of your abstract and include your name, institution and departmental affiliation, phone number, and e-mail along with your submission.
For questions and concerns, please contact Daniel, the conference coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org